There are certain expectations which underlie the effective working relationship between the school, Sixth Formers and their parents.
The school expects parents to:
- Ensure the good attendance and punctuality of the student.
- Monitor the balance between the student's schoolwork and other interests.
- Monitor the student's progress by asking to see work and Reports.
- Be aware of the course demands and ensure that targets are met.
- Attend Parents’ Evenings and other meetings.
- Keep the school informed when appropriate and relevant.
Sixth Formers and their Parents should expect:
- Provision of an appropriate learning environment.
- Provision of high quality learning opportunities.
- Academic monitoring, mentoring and target setting to assist Sixth Formers in reaching their full potential.
- Identification of underachievement and intervention where necessary.
- Formal and informal reporting to parents.
- Help and advice to Sixth Formers applying for Higher Education.
- Extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities both in and out of school.